Seven OAI Scales
- Truthfulness Scale: Measures inmate truthfulness while completing the test. It identifies denial, problem, minimization, and attempts to "fake good."
- Violence Scale: Measures an inmate disposition or propensity to injure damage, or destroy.
- Resistance Scale: Measures defensiveness, non- compliance, and oppositional attitudes.
- Alcohol Scale: Measures alcohol use and the severity of abuse.
- Drug Scale: Measures the severity of non-prescription (illicit) drug use or abuse.
- Substance Abuse/Dependency Scale: Classifies substance use, abuse or dependency according to DSM-IV methodology.
- Stress Coping (Management) Abilities Scale: Measures the inmates ability to manage stress, pressure, and anxiety.